Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2007/03/20 00:44:56 UTC

CometEvent.END will never be called

Since apps are shutdown before the connectors, all CometProcessors are
marked unavailable by the time the connector wants to invoke CometEvent.END

when thinking about it, the servlet developer can piggy back on the
Servlet.destroy method, but should we enable this call to go through or
should we remove it?

Filip

Re: CometEvent.END will never be called

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>> Since apps are shutdown before the connectors, all CometProcessors
>>> are marked unavailable by the time the connector wants to invoke
>>> CometEvent.END
>>>
>>> when thinking about it, the servlet developer can piggy back on the
>>> Servlet.destroy method, but should we enable this call to go through
>>> or should we remove it?
>>
>> I don't think it can be called at the moment either.
> I guess its useful if the connector is shutdown through JMX or other
> method, but the container is still alive, so there are two ways the
> CometProcessor needs to be aware of cleanup:
> 1. Tomcat shutdown - use CometProcessor.destroy
> 2. Connector shutdown - use CometEvent.END
>
> I just noticed that CometProcessor doesn't extend HttpServlet
I meant the javax.servlet.Servlet interface,
CometFilter extends javax.servlet.Filter

Filip

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> Since apps are shutdown before the connectors, all CometProcessors
>> are marked unavailable by the time the connector wants to invoke
>> CometEvent.END
>>
>> when thinking about it, the servlet developer can piggy back on the
>> Servlet.destroy method, but should we enable this call to go through
>> or should we remove it?
>
> I don't think it can be called at the moment either.
I guess its useful if the connector is shutdown through JMX or other
method, but the container is still alive, so there are two ways the
CometProcessor needs to be aware of cleanup:
1. Tomcat shutdown - use CometProcessor.destroy
2. Connector shutdown - use CometEvent.END

I just noticed that CometProcessor doesn't extend HttpServlet, I thought

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.