Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 15:38:39 UTC

Diff like pluigin

Is there kind of goal / plugin that will allow one two compare two different
source code versions of a particular project, and generate output with the
listing of the files changed? I need this to be run just before every build,
to keep track of changes between one deployment and another.

Regards,

Gonzalo.-

Re: Diff like pluigin

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Well, the scm:changelog will tell you only the name of the changed files and
there comments, whereas scm:diff will give you the real differences...
How exactly to get the change-history, I'm not 100% sure, but you could try
the scm:status call... Maybe that'll do what you want...

However, if the scm:status uses the cvs 'history' call, you should activate
CVS-history (see http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.22/cvs_16.html#SEC138
and http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.22/cvs_8.html#SEC77)

Sorry I can't be of any more help, hope you manage with this info though!

--
Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27