Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Clif Flynt <cl...@cflynt.com> on 2010/11/11 14:14:52 UTC

jQuery query

Hi,
  Steve Landers did a presentation at the US Tcl Conference about
using jQuery with wub to map a 'wish' script onto a web page.

  Has anyone looked into merging the jQuery stuff into rivet?

  Thanks,
  Clif
--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..

Re: jQuery query

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:08:47 -0600, Jeff Lawson wrote

> jQuery is mostly just a browser-side thing, so it doesn't matter
> whether the backend server is PHP or Tcl or something else.  It's
> just a matter of emitting the desired HTML and Javascript from your
> Rivet page.

Yes, I think this is what we are talking about, whether rivet has to ship
tools that make easy and proficient the integration with client side scripts.

> One thing that you may find useful for integrating Rivet and jQuery
> (or any other framework involving AJAX) is the ability to generate
> and parse JSON encoded data in Tcl/Rivet.  Fortunately, you can use
> Karl's port of the YAJL library to Tcl for that:
>  https://github.com/lehenbauer/yajl-tcl

Before David got me aboard on Rivet I wrote a sort of "hello world" example
for Ajax with Rivet for the manual. The example was written basically because
I had done myself some successful experiment with Ajax and http headers
manipulation. Since then Ajax as a buzzword has become strictly associated
with things like jQuery or Scriptacolous that probably the title 'Ajax' for
that page should be changed and the word reserved for use in conjuntion with
those tools

 cheers

 -- Massimo

Re: jQuery query