Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2004/01/21 12:54:57 UTC

Iframes

Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> [...]

Andreas,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I agree with you entirely, which may
not come as a surprise to you.  I used XEmacs to generate the html, but
there is a better way.  When I was working on it, Nicola Ken Barozzi was
trying to integrate the SourceForge Javasrc project into Alexandria, but
it was stalled due to licensing issues.

I think that has since been resolved, and Javasrc is available.  There
was some talk about providing it for the automatic generation of the
codebase in html.  The nice thing about Javasrc is that it provides
targets for just about everything in the source files.  Combining such a
html codebase with documentation, such as is done in alt-design is a
powerful way to document code.  As long as the references into the code
remain valid, the documentation is automatically updates with the latest
version of the source.  If the source changes too much, the links break,
and Forrest output could be used to flag such breakages.

Not having been there for a while, I'm not sure if there are new
facilities in Forrest that mean I can re-organize the documentation.

The other issues I had were, as you have noted, browser-related.  I went
for DOM support, but even so, I found that IE and Mozilla/Netscape
differed in significant ways.  I even found that the behaviour of
Mozilla differed between linux and windows.  Such issues should
gradually clear up.

Peter