Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@apache.org> on 2002/11/23 01:41:32 UTC

The website has been updated!

Ok maybe you don't realize the achievement, but the website has been updated
:-)  Have you noticed the "community" section?

It means that we are about to go live with our new website.  Hopefully this
will help us gain more exposure.

Could someone review the official pages (not the guides nor the howto/dev
parts) before the end of the week-end and send a path to the list?

Thanks

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
Apache Xindice - http://xml.apache.org/xindice

Re: The website has been updated!

Posted by Joan M Carroll <jc...@world.std.com>.
I'm attaching a tar of the updated related.xml file,
and the diff log.

I made the changes mentioned in my e-mail,
and a few others.  Please feel free to further
modify the file as appropriate.

Thanks!

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joan M Carroll <jc...@world.std.com>.
i finally got everything setup on my local box and
THE SITE LOOKS GREAT!

great work Vladimir, Dave, et al !  the new logo
is neat too

I had some small corrections to post, but I need
to get your most recent stuff from CVS first.

"Related Projects" follow-up:

I have a list of links to add that generally fall
into the categories:

.  tools (most of these you already cover),
.  user contributed configuration help pages,
.  articles (articles, e-zine news, etc),
.  XML:DB-related tips & tutorials, and
.  applications with Xindice support

Should I modify the 'related.xml' file, or do you
think these should go in different categories?

I leave to you & the mailling list to
decide entries that should/should not be included ...

The entries are:

TOOLS (1 addition)

<link
href="http://www.schatten.info/software/xindice_browser/xindice_browser.html">
Xindice Browser
</link>
A tool to browse a local Xindice databases.

USER-CONTRIBUTED HELP

<link href="http://torchbox.com/xml/xindice/xindice.html">
Getting Started with Xindice 1.1
</link>
Tom Dyson's tips on running the Xindice 1.1. alpha code.

<link
href="http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/xindice/index.html">
Running Xindice v1.0 with Cocoon 2
</link>
User notes on running Xindice in a Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.0.1, Cocoon
2.0.1 and Xindice 1.0rc environment.

<link href="http://www.waldhor.com/xindice.htm">
Xindice Hints (v1.0)
</link>
Installation and performance tips from Dr. Klemens Waldhor

<link
href="http://www.zope.org/Members/guylux/Xindice/Xindice_Wiki/FrontPage">
Xindice Zope Wiki
</link>
Xindice Zope API documentation from Robert Christof

<link href="http://www.xindice.org/">
Xindice Realm
</link>
Kimbro Staken's Xindice news and information site

ARTICLES

<link href="http://www.devx.com/xml/article/9796">
Xindice - Article at DevX dot com
</link>

<link href="http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1592">
Xindice 1.0 Released - Article at xmlhack
</link>

XML-RELATED TIPS & TUTORIALS

<link href="http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XPathTutorial/General/examples.html">
ZVON Xpath Tutorial
</link>

<link href="http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/default.asp">
W3C Schools Xpath Tutorial
</link>

<link href="http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list">
Mulberry Tech XSL Mailing List
</link>

<link href="http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/">
XSL Mailing List Archive at BigList dot com
</link>

<link href="http://p2p.wrox.com/list.asp?list=xslt">
WROX XSL Mailing List
</link>

<link href="http://www.perfectxml.com/TipsXSLT.asp">
XSLT Tips at PerfectXML dot com
</link>

APPLICATIONS WITH XINDICE SUPPORT

<link href="http://www.apache.org/">
Apache Server
</link>

<link href="http://xmlblaster.org/index.html">
xmlBlaster Message Oriented-Middleware
</link>

<link href="http://sixdml.sourceforge.net/">
Simple XML Data Manipulation Language (SiXDML)
</link>

[END OF LIST]

Please let me know if you would like to add/delete entries
to/from this list (open to everyone).  Also please let me
know if it fits into the "Related Projects" category, if you
want me to add it, or if you (Vladimir) prefer to add the
entries.

Again - Great Work!

I have to say, however, that getting tomcat, cocoon, forrest,
and xindice up & working together on 1 box was not a simple task
...for me anyway. Each application is in 'tenuous' rather than robust
form right now, so it takes a fair bit of poking around to get
going.  Biggest problem for me was tomcat4.1.12 - bad choice!  I made
notes & if not too kludgey I will try to make a howto for
doc contributors....

good night!