Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Fuhwei Lwo <fu...@bricemedia.com> on 2006/07/02 01:21:21 UTC

Re: SDO Samples

Frank,

  As a user learning SDO by examples, I prefer one file per one example  so I don't need to be forced to understand example files directory  structure and dependency.

  Regards,

  Fuhwei Lwo

Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:  Robbie,

Looks pretty good to me. I wonder if someone from the SCA team can comment
on consistency of approach with other Tuscany and Apache samples. What do
others think about using things like SdoSampleConstants. What about the
shouldUseDataGraph() call to query the user to choose from two ways to run
it?

For this:

            // TODO: do you need to do this ?
            employees.add(newEmployee);

The answer is no. You would only need to add the newEmployee if you
created it by calling DataFactory.create(). Since you created it by
calling create() on the parent object, it's already attached, so this call
to add will be a NOOP.

Frank.