Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "anish.somadevan" <ne...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 00:54:00 UTC

Delete a file from route XML

I have the routes loaded from an XML. Am using Camel 2.10.3 version.
I would like to know if there is a way to delete a file from route XML,
without redirecting it to a Bean.

Thanks,
Anish

Re: Delete a file from route XML

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
That is not really the point with the camel file components.

That you use it to delete arbitrary files.
It was for consuming, processing the files, and then afterwards decide
what to do with that original file, such as delete / move etc.

If you want to delete some file, there is plenty of java code that can
do that, you can also use Camel to call a method on a java bean, where
you can tell it which file to delete, if you want to integrate this
into a Camel route etc.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:14 AM, anish.somadevan <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Yogesh.
>
> I would be creating a file in one of my route, and then want to delete it in
> an another route. Would that be possible using the File component
> delete=true?
>
> Thanks,
> Anish

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Delete a file from route XML

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
if the file is the source of input for your route then you could use the
delete option of  File <http://camel.apache.org/file2.html>   to get it
done.

Regards,
-Yogesh