Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/06 14:20:13 UTC

Format/Structure of req./res. soap msg.

Hi All,

What determines the structure/format of custom types(we use in a web
service method call) in request/response soap mesages(that we can view
using AXIS TCPMonitor). Does the schema definition in WSDL determines
and/or the custom (de)serializers (like jaxb, jibx, castor) determines
it ?

Please clarify ...

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.

Re: Format/Structure of req./res. soap msg.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
The schema always defines the structure and format of request and
response messages. If you are using a Java/XML binding tool, such as
JAXB, JiBX, or Castor, then you can have these tools generate the
schema that goes into your WSDL. But the message on the wire must
conform to the schema in the WSDL.

Anne