Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Thomas K Harris <Th...@cs.cmu.edu> on 2001/11/02 02:24:51 UTC

RE: compiling xerces-p

> Unfortunately, the CVS code added a few methods and removed a few
> methods from the public API. This means that you need the following
> Xerces-C version to work with XML-Xerces-1.5.7:
>
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/2001-10-05/
>
> This has been tested and works without a hitch.

2001-10-05 seems to be missing from the web page. I used the next closest
one, 2001-10-22, and it fixed the problem that Cor and I were having with
the missing API stuff in the 1.5.2 release, but I'm also getting:

Xerces.C: In function `struct swig_type_info * SWIG_TypeCheck(SV *,
swig_type_info *)':
Xerces.C:175: passing `const char *' as argument 2 of
`Perl_sv_derived_from(SV *, char *)' discards qualifiers

I didn't see any references to this problem in the mailing list, but maybe I
missed it.

Thanks in advance,
-Thomas Harris

Re: compiling xerces-p

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Thomas K Harris" <Th...@cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> > Unfortunately, the CVS code added a few methods and removed a few
> > methods from the public API. This means that you need the following
> > Xerces-C version to work with XML-Xerces-1.5.7:
> >
> > http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/2001-10-05/
> >
> > This has been tested and works without a hitch.
>
> 2001-10-05 seems to be missing from the web page. I used the next closest
> one, 2001-10-22, and it fixed the problem that Cor and I were having with
> the missing API stuff in the 1.5.2 release, but I'm also getting:
>
> Xerces.C: In function `struct swig_type_info * SWIG_TypeCheck(SV *,
> swig_type_info *)':
> Xerces.C:175: passing `const char *' as argument 2 of
> `Perl_sv_derived_from(SV *, char *)' discards qualifiers
>
> I didn't see any references to this problem in the mailing list, but maybe I
> missed it.

Yup, look here:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-p-dev&m=100277140125970&w=2

Just add a (char*) cast on that line and it fixes it.

jas.

Re: compiling xerces-p

Posted by Cor Bosman <co...@xs4all.net>.
Yeah, unfortunately the only working source of xerces-c with regards to
xerces-p got deleted from the apache website :) Guess they read this
list too and figured "WHat?? Someone can actually use this, lets fix that!" :)

Luckily I had it before it got deleted.

Cor