Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 11:02:29 UTC

How to improve facet search?

I have a query and faceting on one field. i want to improve the speed of
getting this facet please advise me the solutions what are all the options
available to get this facet faster.

Re: How to improve facet search?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
These are really horrible numbers:
hitratio : 0.18
inserts : 5488
evictions : 5011

Your cache isn't doing you much good, part of the problem
is you're faceting on so many values and it's chewing through
your cache. If your full data set has significantly more terms,
you're going to have trouble scaling this solution.

Faceting works best on fields with fewer unique values,
so you're pushing it in a direction that it wasn't really designed
for.

What are you trying to accomplish by faceting on so many values?
Perhaps there's another way to accomplish that end, this might
be an "XY" problem.

Best
Erick

Posted by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com>.
filed type is either long or string.

Solr Statistics are:

*name: * filterCache   *class: * org.apache.solr.search.FastLRUCache  *
version: * 1.0   *description: * Concurrent LRU Cache(maxSize=512,
initialSize=512, minSize=460, acceptableSize=486, cleanupThread=false)   *
stats: * lookups : 6679
hits : 1216
hitratio : 0.18
inserts : 5488