Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Yang ZHONG <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/16 21:10:44 UTC

[C++] How to get windows.h to build SCA?

I'm following
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/cpp-1.0-incubating-M2-final/sca/GettingStarted.html#winsrc
to build SCA on Windows.
It seems requiring windows.h.
I have Visual C++ 2005 Express (Visual Studio 8 Express) which might become
popular for Open Source developer on Windows since it's free.
No wndows.h.

How to get one please?
If possible (SDO doesn't require windows.h), can we remove that requirement
please?

--

Yang ZHONG

Re: [C++] How to get windows.h to build SCA?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Andrew Borley wrote:
> On 12/18/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Yang ZHONG wrote:
>> > Thanks to Pete. I've now installed the Platform SDK.
>> > Thanks to Sebastien. I've now configured VC.
>> > I've even gone one step further to update VsVars32.bat called by
>> > VcVars32.bat
>> >
>> > However, build.bat still complains missing windows.h which does be
>> inside
>> > SDK\include which does be within INCLUDE environment; maybe a restart
>> > could
>> > help?
>> > On the other hand, the IDE build seems fine except I can't find
>> what to
>> > configure LIBCURL_HOME and HTTPD_HOME (for REST) which I guess not
>> > required
>> > for normal tests?

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/cpp-1.0-incubating-M2-final/sca/GettingStarted.html#winsrc

>> might

>> Express
>> steps to
>> Edition
>> >>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx

>> Yang,
>>
>> Curl is required by the REST binding. Httpd is required by the REST
>> binding and also used by the HttpdBigBank scenario to run Web Services
>> using the Httpd Axis2 module.
>>
>> If you don't care about the REST binding or running Web Services inside
>> Httpd then you don't need these. However the REST binding offers a
>> convenient way to play with services directly from your Web Browser and
>> Httpd is I think our preferred way to run Web Services, so it may be
>> worth going through the download and install of these two packages.
>>
>> Have you installed Curl? If not I suggest that you download this
>> distribution: http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=win32-devel-msvc,
>> unzip it to a directory, and then  configure CURL_HOME to point to that
>> directory.
>>
>> You can download the Apache Httpd Win32 binary MSI installer from here:
>> http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi, install it then point HTTPD_HOME
>> to the installation directory. The installation just takes two minutes
>> or less.
>>
>> Windows.h is found by the command line build in my environment so it
>> must be something with the machine configuration. I'll check how my
>> Windows environment is configured and will try to come back later with
>> an answer... or more questions on how your machine is configured :)
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien

> On my system, the Windows Platform SDK install didn't add anything to
> the PATH, LIB or INCLUDE environment variables - I found I had to add
> C:\Program Files\MS SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Lib and C:\Program
> Files\MS SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include to the appropriate
> environment variables. Windows.h is found in the Include dir.

> [...]

Thanks, Andy, that's what I have as well and it does the trick.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] How to get windows.h to build SCA?

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yang ZHONG <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.