Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/12 15:33:21 UTC

Publish Drill Calcite project artifacts to Apache maven repository

Hi all,

As you know, Drill uses its fork of Apache Calcite.
In DRILL-6711 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6711> was
proposed to deploy Drill Calcite project artifacts
to Apache Maven repository or at least to the central maven repository.
I have looked for the similar cases of fork versions and didn't find
anything similar in the central repo.

Also, I have looked at the Sonatype OSSRH Jiras for similar cases
of deploying fork versions, but that projects used custom groupIds.

Could someone please give me the advice what is the acceptable way
of publishing the custom Drill Calcite artifacts to the central repo and
is it possible to publish them without changing groupId?

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

Re: Publish Drill Calcite project artifacts to Apache maven repository

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Don’t worry, I didn’t feel accused. I know you Drill folks are in pain because you’re on a fork. I was empathizing with your pain. And I know that when a block a PR it causes the pain to continue.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.