Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajesh Nair <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/30 08:03:30 UTC

Out of environment space

Hi,

I have downloaded Tomcat 3.2.3 and when I try to run
startup.bat(Win 98 ) I get the following output:

Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH

Using CLASSPATH:d:\.....

bad command or file name

out of environment space

Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH

out of environment space

2001-08-30 15:54:18 The file argument '^' does not
exist.

This problem may have occured to someone before.

Please tell me what the problem is??

Cheerz

Raj

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Permission Denied Error in Linux

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
$ chmod +x startup.sh

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Re: Out of environment space

Posted by asheesh <as...@q2aindia.com>.
I do run startup.bat (C:\tomcat\bin\startup.bat) , and it never gave me
problem.

Do check ur environment space, u can open ur DOS window and go to properties
and then set initial environment space, set it to high value.

cheers
asheesh

> I have downloaded Tomcat 3.2.3 and when I try to run
> startup.bat(Win 98 ) I get the following output:
>
> Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH
>
> Using CLASSPATH:d:\.....
>
> bad command or file name
>
> out of environment space
>
> Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH
>
> out of environment space
>
> 2001-08-30 15:54:18 The file argument '^' does not
> exist.
>
> This problem may have occured to someone before.
>
> Please tell me what the problem is??
>
> Cheerz
>
> Raj

Messenger

Re: Out of environment space

Posted by Rajesh Nair <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Ive set the initial space to 4096.
However if i run startup.bat...
it says starting tomcat in  new window and then
bad command or file name
and ends....

if i run tomcat.bat
it gives the foll error
2001-08-30 17:18:18 The file argument '^' does not
 exist.

i wonder why...

thanks

Raj

--- james@spunkysoftware.com wrote:
> I had exactly the same problem.
>
> Type in the command in a DOS box instead of double
> clicking the batch file
> in a window. First, click the icon in the top left
> of the DOS window, choose
> properties, and the memory tab, then initial
> environment. It is probably set
> to Auto. Choose 4096, which I think is the highest
> possible. Then click
> apply, close the window, and open it up again and
> run the startup.bat batch
> file. That should take care of it.
>
> Also add:
> SHELL=C:\command.com /P /E:4096
>
> to your config.sys file. (Thanks Ted!)
>
> ---
> James

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Out of environment space

Posted by ja...@spunkysoftware.com.
I had exactly the same problem.

Type in the command in a DOS box instead of double clicking the batch file
in a window. First, click the icon in the top left of the DOS window, choose
properties, and the memory tab, then initial environment. It is probably set
to Auto. Choose 4096, which I think is the highest possible. Then click
apply, close the window, and open it up again and run the startup.bat batch
file. That should take care of it.

Also add:
SHELL=C:\command.com /P /E:4096

to your config.sys file. (Thanks Ted!)

---
James

> I have downloaded Tomcat 3.2.3 and when I try to run
> startup.bat(Win 98 ) I get the following output:
>
> Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH
>
> Using CLASSPATH:d:\.....
>
> bad command or file name
>
> out of environment space
>
> Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH
>
> out of environment space
>
> 2001-08-30 15:54:18 The file argument '^' does not
> exist.
>
> This problem may have occured to someone before.
>
> Please tell me what the problem is??
>
> Cheerz
>
> Raj

Messenger
> http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Out of environment space

Posted by ja...@spunkysoftware.com.
Right click on the batch files, and select "edit." Sometimes Windows chokes
on the UNIX style newlines. If they're there get rid of them and try again.
I used Allaire Homesite (UltraEdit is good too) to convert the batch files
to DOS style.

---
James

> I have downloaded Tomcat 3.2.3 and when I try to run
> startup.bat(Win 98 ) I get the following output:
>
> Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH
>
> Using CLASSPATH:d:\.....
>
> bad command or file name
>
> out of environment space
>
> Including all jars in d:tomcat\lib in your CLASSPATH
>
> out of environment space
>
> 2001-08-30 15:54:18 The file argument '^' does not
> exist.
>
> This problem may have occured to someone before.
>
> Please tell me what the problem is??
>
> Cheerz
>
> Raj

Messenger