Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Christophe Schmitz <ch...@instaclustr.com> on 2017/09/01 03:30:50 UTC

Re: Cassandra CF Level Metrics (Read, Write Count and Latency)

Hi Jai,

The ReadLatency MBean expose a few metrics, including the count one, which
is the total read requests you are after.
See attached screenshot

Cheers,

Christophe

--

*Christophe Schmitz*
*Director of consulting EMEA*AU: +61 4 03751980 / FR: +33 7 82022899

<https://www.instaclustr.com>

<https://www.facebook.com/instaclustr>   <https://twitter.com/instaclustr>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/instaclustr>

Read our latest technical blog posts here
<https://www.instaclustr.com/blog/>.

This email has been sent on behalf of Instaclustr Pty. Limited (Australia)
and Instaclustr Inc (USA).

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy
or disclose its content, but please reply to this email immediately and
highlight the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message.

Re: Cassandra CF Level Metrics (Read, Write Count and Latency)

Posted by Chris Lohfink <cl...@gmail.com>.
To be future compatible should consider using `type=Table` instead of
`type=ColumnFamily`
depending on your version.

> not matching with the total read requests

the table level metrics for Read/Write latencies will not match the number
of requests you've made. This metric is the amount of time it took to
perform the action of the read/write locally on that node. The
`type=ClientRequests` mbeans are the ones that are at the coordinator level
including querying all the replicas and merging results etc.

The table metrics do have a name=CoordinatorReadLatency (also Scan for
range queries) mbean which may be what your looking for. Table level write
coordinator metrics are missing since the read coordinator metrics were
actually added for speculative retry so I think writes were overlooked.

Chris

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:58 PM, Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.
okay, let me try it out