Posted to user@hive.apache.org by patcharee <Pa...@uni.no> on 2016/10/23 13:46:51 UTC

hiveserver2 GC overhead limit exceeded

Hi,

I use beeline to connect to hiveserver2. I tested with a simple command
and got an error GC overhead limit exceeded

0: jdbc:hive2://service-10-1:10010/default> drop table testhivedrivertable;
Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return
code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. GC overhead limit
exceeded (state=08S01,code=1)

How to solve this? How to identify if this error is from the client
(beeline) or from hiveserver2?

Thanks,

Patcharee

Re: hiveserver2 GC overhead limit exceeded

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
ok. i'll bite.

lets see the output of this command where Hiveserver2 is running.

$ ps -ef | grep -i hiveserver2

this'll show us all the command line parameters HS2 was (ultimately)
invoked with.

Cheers,
Stephen