Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca> on 2009/12/25 09:06:28 UTC

SOLR: Portlet (Plugin) for Lifeay Portal

SOLR Users
==========

I am in the middle of development of generic (configurable) _portlet_
(JSR-286) for Liferay Portal (MIT-like license) which I am going to share,

Have a look at (my profile) powered by Liferay Portal:
http://www.tokenizer.ca/web/guru :smile:
Home page: http://www.tokenizer.ca/

http://www.liferay.com - native multi-hosting support (I can power multiple
DNS with single Tomcat-Liferay instance; I can even assign DNS to personal
profiles)

BTW, Liferay Portal has generic wrapper around Lucene, and recently SOLR!
All content (including Articles, BLOGs, Documents, Pages, WIKIs, Forum
Posts) is automatically indexed. Having separate SOLR definitely helps:
instead of hardcoding (with Lucene) we can now intelligently manage stop
words, stemming, language settings, and more.

Fuad Efendi
+1 416-993-2060
http://www.linkedin.com/in/liferay

Tokenizer Inc.