Posted to user@roller.apache.org by kyle <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp> on 2015/01/10 13:57:11 UTC

Salt stays same in entryEdit page - is it by design?

Hello, I'm running Roller 5.1.1 on WildFly 8.2.0.Final.

Recently I got into a problem which is getting status code 500
by "javax.servlet.ServletException: Security Violation."
at editing page 1 or 2 times per day.
it occurs when I push save as draft button.

I'm looking into this problem now,
then I found that the salt value in the editing page stays same
while I'm writing content and pushing save button sometimes.
I mean this element in the form:
<input type="hidden" name="salt" value="8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU" id="entry_salt"/>

I turned on DEBUG logs, then I can see the problem more clearly.

DEBUG 2015-01-10 20:52:28,267 SaltCache:put - PUT 8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU
DEBUG 2015-01-10 20:52:37,924 SaltCache:get - HIT 8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU
DEBUG 2015-01-10 20:52:37,924 SaltCache:get - HIT 8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU
...snip...
DEBUG 2015-01-10 21:51:49,744 SaltCache:get - HIT 8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU
DEBUG 2015-01-10 21:53:14,173 ExpiringLRUCacheImpl:get - EXPIRED [8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU]
DEBUG 2015-01-10 21:53:14,173 SaltCache:get - MISS 8l4wTyF0LBKuhJLJ5zvU

And, after some investigating I found that
all salts will be expired in 60 minutes after creation.
thus, I can't stay at editing page over 60 minutes.
If I overstayed, then I can't save my draft anymore
and got "Security Violation".

Is it expected behavior?
or it might be a WildFly specific problem?

Also I posted about the problem:
http://www.nailedtothex.org/roller/kyle/entry/debugging-roller-s-salt-processing

Thanks.

Re: Salt stays same in entryEdit page - is it by design?

Posted by kyle <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp>.
Hi Glen,

I attached my patch to JIRA.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-2058