Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sunil Shah <su...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/12/17 18:33:54 UTC

RewriteValve escaping $ to %24

Hi,

I've been struggling with this bug for a little while now and was hoping
you might provide some insight.

We're running Jenkins inside Tomcat and using the RewriteValve to rewrite
incoming URLs on / to /service/jenkins/.

We notice that for requests for /$stapler/render..., the $ is escaped to
%24 to give us /%24stapler/render.... Jenkins isn't able to parse the
escaped URL and returns a 404 error.

Here
<https://github.com/mesosphere/jenkins-mesos/commit/5f68dafeef61f0ba68461e705b18812815f13087>
is our rewrite.config plus related files. So far I've tried:
- Adding the *NE* flag to the RewriteRule
- Creating a custom RewriteMap

Both approaches have been unsuccessful.

Cheers,

Sunil