Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gian Paolo Buono <gi...@gesca.it> on 2017/07/17 14:02:20 UTC

[Deploy vm independent to ACS]

Hi,

we have a Cluster XenServer with five servers and ACS 4.9.1, If i add another host to a cluster XenServer can I not to add  it to ACS ?
I would like deploy vm on this host independent to ACS.

Bye

Re: [Deploy vm independent to ACS]

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Gian Paolo,

I would strongly advise against this – sooner or later you may e.g. have an HA event where your VMs end up on the host CloudStack wasn’t aware of – which would cause you a lot of problems.

You haven’t stated why you want to do this? It sounds like you are much better off just running the new host as a separate host altogether rather than adding it to a CloudStack managed cluster.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue