Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Carter, John G" <Jo...@ca.com> on 2003/06/13 00:43:12 UTC

Allowing multiple operations in message-style web services

I seem to recall reading (but I can not remember where) that when using message-style for a web service, only one operation may be included per web service as Axis can not determine which operation to execute.  Are there any plans to remove this limitation?  I have to use message style because I need to access the XML in the SOAP body.  I would like to include multiple operations in a single web service rather than having to maintain lots of separate source, wsdl, and wsdd files.  Can anyone suggest another method of getting to the XML in the SOAP body w/o using the message style?

RE: Allowing multiple operations in message-style web services

Posted by Nicolas Johnson <ni...@e-markets.com>.
I ran across the same issue where I wanted to return an xml document.
Using RPC/encoded I serialized the XML to a string and returned that.  You
could likewise have single input be a serialized XML string.