Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Tim Jones <ti...@mccarthy.co.nz> on 2014/11/24 22:41:24 UTC

Re: Updating an existing bundle on Karaf

Have you tried refreshing bundles B,C and D?

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/commands/osgi-refresh.html

Re: Updating an existing bundle on Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's what I said in my previous email:

bundle:update 55 file://path/to/bunle.jar

Regards
JB

On 11/26/2014 11:55 AM, joaocmfcm wrote:
> I could make it work by simply going to the Web Console and manually click on
> the refresh package imports of each bundle (B C and D).
>
> But I still want to know if there's a way of installing the fixed bundle
> over the existing one deployed on Karaf. Let's say bundle A is 555 and it is
> active. If I do "install file://x.bundleA" it will retrieve me the
> id/location 555 again, that's correct because it is already deployed.
> Although, even if I make update:bundle 555 it will never redeploy the new
> fixes made on that bundle. I always have to uninstall it and install it
> again which will give me a new location, lets say 556. By then I have to go
> to web console and refresh package imports of the other bundles that
> depended on the old bundle A on 555. This last action makes them now wired
> to 556 and everything works great. Although I still think there's should be
> a better and efficient way of doing this. Let me know and excuse my
> noobiness.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Updating an existing bundle on Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
bundle:update (with the new location) ?

Regards
JB

On 11/25/2014 11:50 AM, joaocmfcm wrote:
> I had already tried that but it doesn't work. They don't run the new updated
> bundle.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Updating an existing bundle on Karaf

Posted by joaocmfcm <jo...@gmail.com>.