Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/04/07 21:28:47 UTC

WSDL interface URIs

The 0.9 assembly specification defines a format for the URI in a
<interface.wsdl> as:

  <WSDL-namespace-URI>#wsdl.interface(<portType>)

for example
  <interface.wsdl interface=
  "http://foo.org/StockQuoteService#wsdl.interface(StockQuote)"/>

I have trouble parsing this mentally. Are the '#' delimiter and
"wsdl.interface" bits common usage or is this something SCDL invented?

Would it be worth supporting a basic QName syntax? something like

  <interface.wsdl
    xmlns:sqs="http://foo.org/StockQuoteService"
    interface="sqs:StockQuote"/>

and/or the String representation of a Java QName (as per James Clark)

  <interface.wsdl
    interface="{http://foo.org/StockQuoteService}StockQuote"/>

--
Jeremy

Re: WSDL interface URIs

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
I agree, and the same for wsdl.endpoint on binding.ws?

   ...ant

Re: WSDL interface URIs

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> The 0.9 assembly specification defines a format for the URI in a
> <interface.wsdl> as:
>
>   <WSDL-namespace-URI>#wsdl.interface(<portType>)
>
> for example
>   <interface.wsdl interface=
>   "http://foo.org/StockQuoteService#wsdl.interface(StockQuote)"/>
>
> I have trouble parsing this mentally. Are the '#' delimiter and
> "wsdl.interface" bits common usage or is this something SCDL invented?

MichaelB pointed out to me that this is the standard fragment identifier
from WSDL2.0.

> Would it be worth supporting a basic QName syntax? something like
>
>   <interface.wsdl
>     xmlns:sqs="http://foo.org/StockQuoteService"
>     interface="sqs:StockQuote"/>

I still think this is worth implementating as an extension ...

> and/or the String representation of a Java QName (as per James Clark)
>
>   <interface.wsdl
>     interface="{http://foo.org/StockQuoteService}StockQuote"/>

but that this is old (legacy?) enough not to be useful.

--
Jeremy