Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by greg <gr...@dupan.com> on 2001/09/13 00:25:19 UTC

and Xerces 1.4.1

Hello all,

This question may have been answered before but I couldn't get to the archives, so here goes.

I am trying to validate some xml that includes html tags.  a piece of the xml doc follows.

<Question>
<Text>
This is<Font color=blue> the</Font> text for Question 1.
</Text>
<Answer>...</Answer>
</Question>

In my schema I have the Text element defined as follows.
<xsi:complexType name="Text">
  <xsi:complexContent mixed="true">
   <xsi:sequence>
     <xsi:any processContents="skip" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
   </xsi:sequence>
  </xsi:complexContent>
</xsi:complexType>

When using xerces and sax to parse and validate this document I get the following error reported..

Error Level:VALIDATION
ERROR Message:Element type "Font" must be declared.

This schema segment is almost exact from the primer at w3c.  Does xerces not support the any tag? Or the mixed content type? Again I am using xerces 1.4.1.

Thanks in advance.

Greg