Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 10:01:10 UTC

Prons an Cons of Startup Lazy a Handler?

I will use SolrCloud and theis main purpose will be rich document indexing.
Solr example includes that definition:

<requestHandler name="/update/extract"
startup="lazy"class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" >

it startups it lazy. So what is pros and cons for removing it for my
situation?

Re: Prons an Cons of Startup Lazy a Handler?

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answers.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Lazy startup simply means that you are willing to tolerate a slight delay on
the first request to that request handler.

It also has the side effect that if there are any problems with starting up
the handler, they won't be seen until that first request.

In short, whether you want to keep the handler is completely independent of
the lazy startup option.

-- Jack Krupansky