Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/09/02 00:38:31 UTC

Derby Wiki

Starting a new thread for this as it  was started on the 10.1.2 relese
thread.

David W. Van Couvering wrote:

>   Perhaps if we start using the Wiki more we should provide a link to
> it from the website so that it becomes more accessible too.

David the way you are talking, it sounds like we already have  a Wiki.
Is that true? If so where is it ?
This would be really  great news.   Last I had heard our Wiki option was
off  the incubator site which didn't seem right when we were so close to
graduation.  Sorry for the silly question, but Google sheds no light on
this issue for me.    If we have one we should definitely link it from
the Derby website.

Kathey

Re: Derby Wiki

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Great.  Yes, I thought we had a Wiki from previuos emails, but I
misunderstood.

David

Re: Derby Wiki

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
>> No, we would need to request a new wiki to be set up by
>> infrastructure. The main apache wiki site is here:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/
>>
>> We would need a fresh template for the Derby wiki set up and then
>> linked from the front page. Since there seems to be interest in it, I
>> will go ahead and request that a new wiki be set up for Derby.
>

> Hmm, it looks like we need some sort of PMC involvement, maybe?
>
> See step 2 at http://wiki.apache.org/general/HowToMakeWikiAdminRequests
>
> Maybe one of our DB PMC members could shepherd the creation along? (Jean?)

I'll look into it.

  -jean

Re: Derby Wiki

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.