Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vikramjit Singh <vi...@gtllimited.com> on 2002/06/14 13:07:46 UTC

manager not accepting the username and password

Hi,

I have installed my tomcat 4.0.3. i had changed the user name, password and
role in tomcat-users.xml file to what i needed and that time it was working.
Now when i give the same user id and password it is not accepting. I cant
understand this weird behaviour. I have checked the tomcat-users file, and
everything is fine as it should be. Please somebody could throw some light
on where i must have gone wrong.

Regards,
Vikramjit Singh,
GTL Ltd.
Ph. 7612929-1031

Re: manager not accepting the username and password

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Not sure if this is true, but somewhere I read that you have to have both
"manager" and "admin" roles assigned to the user attempting access to the
manager context.

Jake