Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by zkn <zk...@abv.bg> on 2006/10/06 15:41:07 UTC

Specific sequence implementation for a table

Hi,

I use the SequenceManagerMySQLImpl for my application. But for only one
table/object I want to use the SequenceManagerInMemoryImpl.

Is that possible?

Ozkan

Re: Specific sequence implementation for a table

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ozkan,

zkn wrote:
>> I'm currently locally testing per field sequence manager support and
>> shortcut names for the supported sequence manager implementations.
>> Will check in the new features tomorrow (if the test-suite pass
>> without failures).
>> Then it will be possible to set
>>
>> <field-descriptor
>>          name="id"
>>          column="ID"
>>          jdbc-type="INTEGER"
>>          primarykey="true"
>>          autoincrement="true"
>> >
>>    <sequence-manager className="memory"/>
>> </field-descriptor>
>>
>> for each autoincrement field and if not set, the sequence manager
>> defined in jdbc-connection-descriptor will be used.
>>
> Will this feature be included in the next 1.0.x version?

Yep! It's already checked in (SVN OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch).

> And any ideas
> when this version will be released?

Currently I'm working on a specific "table-per-subclass"-inheritance
issue and some performance improvements.
The 1.0.4 release was 10 month ago and many bug fixes, improvements and
new features are checked in. Thus I think it's indicated to release a
1.0.5-beta before the official release.
I will try to create the beta-version within a week or two.

regards,
Armin

Re: Specific sequence implementation for a table

Posted by zkn <zk...@abv.bg>.
Hi Armin,
Thanks for the response!

Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi Ozkan,
>
> zkn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use the SequenceManagerMySQLImpl for my application. But for only
>> one table/object I want to use the SequenceManagerInMemoryImpl.
>>
>> Is that possible?
>
> Currently this is not supported by default. You have to implement your
> own SequenceManager to handle this (e.g. a SM which handle a
> SequenceManagerMySQLImpl and a SequenceManagerInMemoryImpl instance
> and decide on a custom attribute flag defined in field-descriptor or
> class-descriptor which one to use).
> More details about custom attributes can be found here
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/repository.html#custom+attribute

Will try that, thanks.
> I'm currently locally testing per field sequence manager support and
> shortcut names for the supported sequence manager implementations.
> Will check in the new features tomorrow (if the test-suite pass
> without failures).
> Then it will be possible to set
>
> <field-descriptor
>          name="id"
>          column="ID"
>          jdbc-type="INTEGER"
>          primarykey="true"
>          autoincrement="true"
> >
>    <sequence-manager className="memory"/>
> </field-descriptor>
>
> for each autoincrement field and if not set, the sequence manager
> defined in jdbc-connection-descriptor will be used.

Will this feature be included in the next 1.0.x version? And any ideas

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ozkan,