Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch> on 2005/07/22 09:48:39 UTC

questions concerning java libraries

Hi

Yesterday I had some problem with the create usecae. I could solve the
problem if i used the xml-apis.jar from $LENYA_HOME/lib instead of the one
shipped with cocoon-2.1.X  (BTW the build process should copy the
$LENYA_HOME/lib to $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ but there
is already the xml-apis.jar from cocoon-2.1.X and it is not overwritten).

The following questions arised from this finding:

- Which xml-apis.jar should be used? The cocoon one or the lenya one?

- There is a xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar in $LENYA_HOME/lib and a
  xercesImpl-2.7.0.jar in the cocoon lib. After build.sh I end up
  whith both libraries in $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/.
  Are both libs necessary?

Jann

Re: issues with Xalan-2.7.0 [was: Re: questions concerning java libraries]

Posted by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com>.
Antonio Gallardo said the following on 17.08.2005 15:46:
> Renaud Richardet wrote:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult.getNextSibling()Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;
>
> Seems to be an endorsed lib problem. Try to copy to you java endorsed
> lib the jars in $COCOON_HOME/lib/endorsed (5 jars) and let me know if
> you still have some problems.

I have similiar problems, because I need for a special publication with
Lenya 1.2.x the Cocoon-Branch 2.1.x, after the last svn up, i have also
that MethodError, I had a shout in dev@cocoon:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40cocoon.apache.org/msg33630.html

Just FYI,
Oliver

Re: issues with Xalan-2.7.0 [was: Re: questions concerning java libraries]

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Renaud Richardet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I svn updated my Cocoon and experienced problems with Xalan (could'nt
> log in). Is anybody experiencing the same (see stacktrace below)? I
> could fix it by using the 2.6.1 version.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult.getNextSibling()Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;

Seems to be an endorsed lib problem. Try to copy to you java endorsed
lib the jars in $COCOON_HOME/lib/endorsed (5 jars) and let me know if
you still have some problems.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

issues with Xalan-2.7.0 [was: Re: questions concerning java libraries]

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I svn updated my Cocoon and experienced problems with Xalan (could'nt
log in). Is anybody experiencing the same (see stacktrace below)? I
could fix it by using the 2.6.1 version.

Thanks,
Renaud

My setup: ubuntu, java 1.4.2, jetty, cocoon-2.1.x, lenya-1.4.x

17:04:47.495 WARN!! Error for
/default/authoring/?lenya.usecase=ac.login&referrerQueryString=
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult.getNextSibling()Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;
at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.createResultContentHandler(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:199)
at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.setDocumentLocator(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:880)
at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.setDocumentLocator(AbstractXMLPipe.java:39)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.startEntity(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.startDocumentParsing(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:296)

--
Renaud Richardet
COO America

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Jann:

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:

> - Which xml-apis.jar should be used? The cocoon one or the lenya one?

cocoon recently updated to xerces 2.7.0, and as always, there are
problems. in this case i believe that xml-apis was updated to have the
JAXP 1.3 implementation (the one shipping with JDK 1.5)

> - There is a xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar in $LENYA_HOME/lib and a
>   xercesImpl-2.7.0.jar in the cocoon lib. After build.sh I end up
>   whith both libraries in $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/.
>   Are both libs necessary?

no, there should be only one. it might be feasible to get things to work
with the newer xerces, if not we can always fall back on ours (and make
sure we don't copy xerces over at all)