Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/09/26 13:21:43 UTC

YouTube -- explaining the Module Review process (and how to participate)

Hi all,

Made a quick 3 minute YouTube clip to help explain what and why we're
trying to achieve with this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/List+of+Modules+to+Review

Hope it clarifies things -- i.e., no knowledge of NetBeans APIs or even
Java is needed, for the basic reviewing tasks and everyone should feel
invited to participate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PBNSRp5g8

Thanks,

Gj

Re: YouTube -- explaining the Module Review process (and how to participate)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
To be honest, if you had a release where we know that all files granted by Oracle that have the Oracle/Sun header now wear the ASF license header + the files without headers are known to be licensed to Apache but don't have headers for $reasons, that may be a viable release.  Its not uncommon for podlings to be missing license headers, since we need to figure out the provenance.

John

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
We now have a disclaimer: