Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com> on 2011/04/01 11:39:32 UTC

A question about region hot spot

In hbase version 0.20.6, If contiguous regions, do not assign adjacent
regions in same region server. So it can break daughters of splits in same
region server and avoid hot spot. The performance can improve.

In version 0.90.1, daughter is opened in region server that his parent is opened.
In the case A region server has thousands of regions. the contiguous region is difficult to
Choose by random. So the region server always is hot spot.

Should the balance method be choose the contiguous region and then random ?

.

Re: A question about region hot spot

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thats a good point that one of two contiguous regions should be moved
on balance.  There is HBASE-3373 but I just opened an umbrella
balancing issue at HBASE-3724.  Would you mind adding your observation
there?  Thank you Gaojinchao.
St.Ack