Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/08 18:35:15 UTC

Request for the following commits to be included in 0.10

Hi Justin,

I'd like the following commits to be included in the 0.10 release branch.

1. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1078961&view=rev  - QPID-3109  - Fairly
low risk.
  This is a simple bug fix.

2. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1078971&view=rev - QPID-2732  -  Low
risk.
  This is an addition to the initial commit made under this JIRA.
   It adds default reliability modes and throws an exception for an
unsupported combination.

3. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1079408&view=rev - QPID-2732  - Low Risk
    The reliability mode is used to mark a transfer unreliable and that flag
is used to determine if a transfer should be stored for replay or not.
    Again a fairly straightforward and low risk commit. However I have asked
Rafi to have a quick look at it as well.

4. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1079402&view=rev - QPID-3127 - Very low
risk.
     Fixes a bug in the initial commit for QPID-2732.
     It just sets accept mode to NONE for NO_ACKNOWLEDGE.

Regards,

Rajith

Re: Request for the following commits to be included in 0.10

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Done. To summarise here though:
>>
>> 1. QPID-3109: looks good, although as mentioned on the JIRA a second
>> commit
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=1079059 is also required here,
>> enable compilation to succeed.
>>

> There is test case for this at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1076670
> All though I agree that it would be good to add a test case to check close
> on a producer created with a null destination.
> However that functionality is being tested in another test case that I have
> put in place to test bug that I am currently working on.
> So btw the two test cases I think I have covered the bases.
> Due to some in-progress local changes the compilation issue wasn't detected
> on my local. Sorry about that.
>

>> 2. & 3. QPID-2732:  changes look reasonable.
>>
>> 4. This specific change looks good to restore the prior behaviour, though
>> in
>> general I wouldn't consider work around change of accept mode to be very
>> low
>> risk. I would suggest there should have been tests added to verify the
>> behaviour of the original change that caused the issue though (same goes
>> for
>> all really).
>>
>> I have a test in place for the reliability modes to ensure that the string
> is passed properly and the exception is thrown for the unsupported
> combination.
> But I am also trying to see if I can enhance the test to see if I can test
> if the subscription is created with the correct accept-mode. So far it
> hasn't been easy to get that part going.
> So the tests are on the way.

Further to the above comment,
All though I don't have an automated test to work out if the accept-mode is
set properly the changes are verified manually using logging.
Similarly Andrew Kennedy has also tested the change he made. So I am quite
confident about the changes.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
As mentioned in the other email I was not saying this change was a risk (I
was actually the one who noticed this particular problem whilst discussing a
different issue with Andrew earlier). I was just saying that in general I
wouldn't be messing with accept modes at this point in the release process
normally, however taking this corrective action to fix the inadvertent
changes already introduced is a no-brainer.

Robbie.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

I did do a grep on "NO_ACKNOWLEDGE" and saw those test cases. Thanks for
confirming.
Just wanted to make sure I verified the changes properly.

Btw does the various QueueBrowser tests pass for you ?

Rajith

Posted by Andrew Kennedy <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.