Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gdeconto <ge...@topproducer.com> on 2010/02/10 17:12:03 UTC

question/suggestion for Solr-236 patch

I have been able to apply and use the solr-236 patch (field collapsing)
successfully.

Very, very cool and powerful.

My one comment/concern is that the collapseCount and aggregate function
values in the collapse_counts list only represent the collapsed documents
(ie the ones that are not shown in results).

Are there any plans to include the non-collapsed (?) document in the
collapseCount and aggregate function values (ie so that it includes ALL
documents, not just the collapsed ones)?  Possibly via some parameter like
collapse.includeAll?

I think this would be a great addition to the collapse code (and solr
functionality) via what I would think is a small change.

Re: question/suggestion for Solr-236 patch

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Gerald,
Your suggestion will likely get lost in the piles of solr-user email.  You should add your comments to JIRA-236 directly.

Otis
-----

Posted by gdeconto <ge...@topproducer.com>.

Joe Calderon-2 wrote:

> you can do that very easily yourself in a post processing step after
> you receive the solr response

true (and am already doing so).

was thinking that having this done as part of the field collapsing code, it
might be faster than doing so via post processing (ie no need to navigate
the xml results for two different values for each collapsed set, adding the
numbers to get the total, etc)

it was just a suggestion.  field collapsing is a great feature.

Re: question/suggestion for Solr-236 patch

Posted by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>.
you can do that very easily yourself in a post processing step after
you receive the solr response