Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Christian Goetze (CG)" <cg...@lindenlab.com> on 2008/02/28 19:07:10 UTC

libhdfs.so only 32bit?

Apologize for the noob question, I admit I don't know much about hadoop,
just in the process of packing it into a .deb package for our internal
deployment.

So why is libhdfs.so only  32bit, and why isn't it in lib/native?

Also: is there work in progress to write a single init script which will
determine the mode to start up the services from the (assumed to be)
replicated master/slaves file, eliminating the need for (passphraseless)
ssh?
--
cg