Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/17 13:38:59 UTC

Web Services

Hi list!

I have a Struts2+Dojo+JPA+Spring project working fine in a production
environment, but suddenly I have the requirement of exposing web services
from my project. I mean, I need to implement web services about my project
funcionality which other systems can consume.

I'm completely new at web services. Please can you guide me how I can
implement web services? Would Spring Web Services be a good point to start?

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Rafael Taboada

Re: Web Services

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rafael,
i use axis from apache with no problems.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.

RE: Web Services

Posted by Sidharth Bhatia <si...@gmail.com>.
Hey Rafael,

I think Spring webservices are a great point to start at. If you already
know spring. The learning curve is not quite so steep.

thanks,

Sid Bhatia
"Try not. Do...  or do not. There is no try" -- Yoda
_________________________

RE: Web Services

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
WebService(s) allow client to consume published services identified by WSDL contract

some of the older RMI implementations default to CORBA (not configured on most machines by default) ..personally i prefer RPC

the more recent versions of Axis are moving to doc-literal and away from RPC..
Spring is powerful (i've used it primarily as a SessionFactory..) i have'nt seen
any web-services deployed thru Spring Framework..would appreciate a touchback
on anyone who has used Spring for Web-Service deployment

thanks,
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

Re: Web Services

Posted by Miguel <mi...@gmail.com>.

RE: Web Services

Posted by "Griffith, Michael *" <Mi...@fda.hhs.gov>.