Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bryant Harris <br...@irisfinancialsolutions.com> on 2007/05/21 23:19:18 UTC

Using Maven to build a release distribution

Hi,
  I'm new to Maven and have begun experimenting with breaking my project
into jars and WARs and EJBs etc.  It seems like Maven is great for this.

  Is Maven also typically used for assembling a distribution, which
might include jars, javadocs, source jars, licensing, samples, etc.  Or
would this be something you'd still use ant for?  Apologies if this is a
well-worn question that I just haven't found the answer for yet.

Bryant

Re: Using Maven to build a release distribution

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

-aps

On 5/21/07, Bryant Harris <br...@irisfinancialsolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm new to Maven and have begun experimenting with breaking my project
> into jars and WARs and EJBs etc.  It seems like Maven is great for this.
>
>   Is Maven also typically used for assembling a distribution, which
> might include jars, javadocs, source jars, licensing, samples, etc.  Or
> would this be something you'd still use ant for?  Apologies if this is a
> well-worn question that I just haven't found the answer for yet.
>
> Bryant

"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson