Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Palleti, Pallavi" <pa...@corp.aol.com> on 2009/05/28 09:00:50 UTC

Intermittent "Already Being Created Exception"

Hi all,

 I have a 50 node cluster and I am trying to write some logs of size 1GB
each into hdfs.  I need to write them in temporal fashion say for every
15 mins worth of data, I am closing previously opened file and creating
a new file. The snippet of code is

if(<some condition>)

          {

            if(out != null)

            {

              out.close();

            }

            String outFileStr = outputDir+ File.separator + outDate +
File.separator + outFileSuffix + "." + outputMinute;

            System.out.println("Creating outFileStr:"+ outFileStr);

            Path outFile = new Path(outFileStr);

            out = fs.create(outFile); //It throws exception here saying
Already Being Created

          }

When I run this code, I am getting Intermittent "Already Being Created
Exceptions". I am not having any threads and this code is running
sequentially. I went thru the previous mailing list posts but  couldn't
get much information. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening
and how to avoid this?

Thanks

Pallavi