Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/11/28 20:23:47 UTC

Display Google Maps and Google StreeView in AIR [Need advice]

Hi Team,

Someone has submitted an issue about displaying  Google Maps and Google StreeView through a web view in AIR (using StageWebView or mx:HTML).
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33927

The issue is that it displays correctly, but is barely usable (missing features, legends not showing).

My analysis is that this is because of its limited HTML5 support (displaying http://html5test.com/ in a StageWebView get a score of 119/555).
But it may be wrong.

Does someone know how StageWebView is implemented internally on Windows?
Does it use  .NET WebBrowser class , or DCOM/ActiveX or something ?

If we can't do much about that on the Flex side, are there any alternatives for displaying Google StreeView in AIR?

Thanks

Maurice Amsellem
SYSTAR R&D - BusinessBridgeFX

Re: Display Google Maps and Google StreeView in AIR [Need advice]

Posted by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com>.
The StageWebView constructor takes a "useNative" parameter:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/me
dia/StageWebView.html#StageWebView()

I think this was added at 3.9.

--Dasa