Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by blueboy6 <bl...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/27 17:41:55 UTC

T5 loop sort

Hi everyone,

I have a question,

I have a set of beans that I'm parsing to loop component to generate divs
and populate them with data and other components that I'm using, now in this
beens i have date property.

What is best way to sort this set by date???

I was thinking to apply sorter from grid, but I'm not sure how...

Does anyone have idea what to do here?

Thank you in advance :)
Bojan

Re: T5 loop sort

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
In your setupRender method of your page take the Set of beans add them
in a List and sort acordingly. Pass the list as the source for the loop.

Cheers,
Joost

Like:

@SetupRender
private void setup() {
    Set<MyBean> mySet = ... whereverItComesFrom;
    List<MyBean> myList = new ArrayList<MyBean>();
    myList.addAll(mySet);
    Collections.sort(myList, DATE_COMPERATOR);
}

/**
     * This comperator will place the latest entry at the top
     */
    public final static Comparator<MyBean> DATE_COMPERATOR = new
Comparator<MyBean>() {

        public int compare(MyBean bean1, MyBean bean2) {
            return bean1.getPostDate().compareTo(bean2.getPostDate());
        }

    };