Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by honghebox <ao...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 06:09:03 UTC

help with 550 5.7.1 error - can't send mail to some domain

James 2.3.1, start and running without problem, can send email to some
domains like gmail.com, msn.com etc. but can not send email some domains
like sina.com, yahoo.com. error message says:

Hi. This is the James mail server at ud40009 . (ud40009 is the hostname)
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  Below
I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to deliver
your message.

Failed recipient(s):
xxxxx@sina.com  ( I use xxxxx to represent  the username)

Error message:
550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been
rejected.

Any reply welcome, thanks in advance.

Re: help with 550 5.7.1 error - can't send mail to some domain

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
honghebox ha scritto:
> James 2.3.1, start and running without problem, can send email to some
> domains like gmail.com, msn.com etc. but can not send email some domains
> like sina.com, yahoo.com. error message says:
>
> Hi. This is the James mail server at ud40009 . (ud40009 is the hostname)
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.  Below
> I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to deliver
> your message.
>
> Failed recipient(s):
> xxxxx@sina.com  ( I use xxxxx to represent  the username)
>
> Error message:
> 550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been
> rejected.

You have been banned/blacklisted.
You shown spammer-like behaviours.

With yahoo, the error is different from what you reported. You can
search for postmaster and look what you can do to convince yahoo that
you are not a spammer.
If you can prove them that you are sending legitimate mail then they
will whitelist you.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/
In that page you will see what errors yahoo gives you and why.

Stefano