Posted to user@hive.apache.org by kumar mr <ku...@aol.com> on 2013/03/01 21:13:46 UTC

doubt with LEFT OUTER JOIN

Hi,

Does LEFT OUTER JOIN returns zero rows when RIGHT SIDE table doesn't have at least one record that matches JOIN condition in Hive?

Regards,
Kumar

Re: doubt with LEFT OUTER JOIN

Posted by Dean Wampler <de...@thinkbiganalytics.com>.
None that I know of, but I haven't tried too many cases. Of course, there
shouldn't be ;)

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com