Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by chitgoks <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/02 01:21:03 UTC

does pdfbox support creating annotations?

i checked the website and i dont see any details in the list feature where
annotations can be created.

is this supporteD? and all types of annotations from acrobat?

Re: does pdfbox support creating annotations?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Are there specific annotation types you are looking for? PDFBox does supports creating the annotation type defined in the PDF spec. But PDFBox doesn't support creating an appearace stream for all annotation types as the details of the content of the appearance stream (the look of the appearance) is not part of the PDF specification. So you might have to create that on your own - possibly replicating the content of sample annotations created with other applications.

BR
Maruan

Posted by chitgoks <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vi...@yahoo.com.INVALID.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 02.03.2017 um 02:21 schrieb chitgoks:
> i checked the website and i dont see any details in the list feature where
> annotations can be created.
>
> is this supporteD? and all types of annotations from acrobat?

Yes, look at the API docs... but that'll mean a lot of work if you want
to support everyone of them. As you see in the AddAnnotations example,
you need to care about a lot of parameters.

Tilman