Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Tal Liron <ta...@gigaspaces.com> on 2017/06/01 16:27:38 UTC

Re: Query related to substitution mapping

Your expectations are reasonable: that ARIA would look at all of its
current service instances and try to match reqs-and-caps with substitutions.

However, we are a bit far from implementing this. Currently, ARIA only
knows how to match reqs-and-caps within the service.

Also, this feature has to be planned rather carefully: in some cases the
user will not want such automatic matching to happen with services that
just happen to exist in ARIA's db. I think this a great place to introduce
a new Policy that would allow the user to configure exactly how matching
would happen: should the matching prefer external substitutions over
internal nodes? are there limited to how many could be matched? (like the
"occurrences" definition in Capability) should matching only happen with
services of a certain csar/template? etc.

​We are planning some work ahead to refactor the way we instantiate
services, and I think at least some parts of this feature should be
included in that.

Re: Query related to substitution mapping

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.
No, that should not be the case.
However we do aim for making quicker releases in the future, and this is an
issue that we plan on working on soon.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:02 AM, D Jayachandran <d.jayachandran@ericsson.com

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.