Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chester Twomey <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 22:56:10 UTC

Portlet plugin and model driven

Hello,

I am trying to implement a form within a portlet using the model
driven interface, and the portlet plugin inside of a clustered
environment.  Each time I submit the form I get this exception
(truncated):
SEVERE: Unable to serialize delta request for sessionid
[0F246549355FD6749A5CF6EAE761F77F.worker1]
java.io.NotSerializableException:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$ConstructorInjector
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1164)

I am using tomcat 6.0.33 with pluto portal 1.1.7.

Sample project to replicate: git://github.com/ctwomey1/Struts2PortletExample.git

Question also posted to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10806320/struts2-portlet-notserializable-exception

Am I setting anything up wrong?  Should I take a different approach?
It seems like when the portlet transitions from Action Phase to render
phase it attempts to put the entire stack into the session.  When i
step into the code struts2 objects cause the exception.  Initially i
suspected the convention plugin, but once removed i was left with the
same problem.

--
~Chester