Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de> on 2013/05/13 18:03:49 UTC

Servlet module

Hey all,

as I already discussed with Mark and Arne two weeks ago, I'm really
interested in working on the servlet module for DeltaSpike. This topic was
discussed several times on the list (see [1], [2]) and I think there was an
agreement to target this for 0.5. Although 0.4 hasn't been released yet, I
would love to spend some time hacking on this. :)

In my opinion the most important features for the module would be:

   - Producers for servlet objects like the HttpServletRequest,
   ServletContext, etc. As this will be part of CDI 1.1, the producer should
   use a custom qualifier.
   - Bridging of the servlet lifecycle events to the CDI event bus.

I think these are the most important features which are required for many
real world applications.

I'll start working on this on a separate branch on my GitHub repo. This way
I can prototype the module and then ask for your feedback before merging it
at a later point in time.

WDYT? Any comments or ideas? :)

Christian

[1]
http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/seam-servlet-stuff-to-deltaspike-td4653869.html
[2]
http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/Servlet-module-td4654725.html

--
Christian Kaltepoth
Blog: http://blog.kaltepoth.de/

Re: Servlet module

Posted by Ove Ranheim <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Servlet module

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>.
Hey John,

I'm almost finished with the stuff I wanted to get in for a first version.
What I got so far is propagation of servlet events for creation/destruction
of request, response, session and servlet context. And also injection of
request, response and session. What I'm currently finishing is the
injection of the servlet context, which is a bit tricky.

I think I'll be able to finish it in 3-4 days and push it out to github so
everyone cat give feedback.

I'll create a few JIRA issues for the stuff that is already implemented.
Feel free to add anything you think that is missing.

Christian

Re: Servlet module

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Christian,