Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by POIRIER David <DP...@cross-systems.com> on 2007/12/28 16:43:50 UTC

Running the bin/nutch crawl command with Cygwin

Hello,

Using: Nutch 0.9

I'm trying to run the bin/nutch command using cygwin. The message I
receive is:

Chargement de la classe java impossible.
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName (Unsupported major.minor version
49.0)
Chargement de la classe java impossible.
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/nutch/crawl/Crawl
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

When I check my version of Java using the jkava -version command:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03)

My JAVA_HOME is equal to:
/cygdrive/c/path/to/Java1.5

Any idea?

Thank you and a happy new year to everybody?

David

RE: Running the bin/nutch crawl command with Cygwin

Posted by POIRIER David <DP...@cross-systems.com>.
You were right Martin...

By pointing the $NUTCH_JAVA_HOME variable to the correct JDK, using cygWin, everything worked perfectly!

Bizarre that my redefinition of $JAVA_HOME, locally inside my cygWin session, didn't worked...

Thanks a lot!

David

David Poirier
E-business Consultant - Software Engineer

Direct: +41 (0)22 596 10 35

Cross Systems - Groupe Micropole Univers
Route des Acacias 45 B
1227 Carouge / Genève
Tél: +41 (0)22 308 48 60
Posted by Martin Kuen <ma...@gmail.com>.