Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Hamm <li...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/01 13:32:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Displaying a directory in specific directory

Hi all, I'm a new user here.

I'm running Apache in Linux server. I would like to display a directory only
in specific directory, is that possible?

Scott

--
Power to people, Linux is here.

Re: [users@httpd] Displaying a directory in specific directory

Posted by John Hicks <jo...@gulfbridge.net>.
Scott Hamm wrote:
> Hi all, I'm a new user here.
>
> I'm running Apache in Linux server.  I would like to display a directory
> only in specific directory, is that possible?
>
> Scott
>
> --
> Power to people, Linux is here.

The "indexes" option causes the display of a directory index when the
requested uri is a directory name and there is no "index.html" file (or
equivalent) present in the directory being requested.

You may already have this option set, in which case all you need to do
is remove any index.html (index.htm, index.php, etc. according to your
DirectoryIndex directive) file from the directory.

If this option is not already set, you can set it for this one directory
with the following directive in a <Directory> section or .htaccess file:

   Options +Indexes

Hope that helps.

-John Hicks

Re: [users@httpd] Displaying a directory in specific directory