Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Joseph Huber <JH...@stanref.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/02 19:01:17 UTC

The Print Screen key and NetBeans

In Windows, screen capture apps, like SnagIt and Greenshot, that capture the Print Screen key to trigger a screen shot don't work when NetBeans or NetBeans platform apps have the focus.  In order to take a screenshot, one has to move the mouse to another application, hit the Print Screen key, and then move the mouse over the NetBeans or the NetBeans platform app window to capture the screen shot.  It's been this way since I started using NetBeans.

I haven't run into this behavior with other apps.  Is this a Java issue or a NetBeans issue?  It's a convenience thing that I get comments about from users of our NetBeans platform app, so I was wondering if there is something I can do in the application to make screen capture work better.

Thank You!
Joe Huber

Re: The Print Screen key and NetBeans

Posted by Judi Rastall <ju...@rastall.com>.
I only use the standard native Windows printscreen function. Never seen
the need to use anything else.

Judi R

Posted by Judi Rastall <ju...@rastall.com>.

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.