Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neil Sherman <ns...@aimltd.co.uk> on 2001/12/05 17:37:10 UTC

Borland C++ 5 validation exceptions

Hi all!

I'm using the Borland C++ 5 Builder to compile the Xerces library and demo
files.  The problem is that when I run the DOMCount (or any of the demos
for that matter) demo and tell it to validate the input file I get an
"Unxepected exception during parsing" and the program crashes.

i.e.

> DOMCount -v=always -n -s -f personal-schema.xml

Error at file S:\work\personal-schema.xml, line 2, char 86
	Message:

Unexpected exception during parsing: "personal-schema.xml"

It would appear that the problem occurs only when asked to validate the XML
file against a schema.  The XML file ans schema I am using for this test
are the two files that are supplied with the Xerces distribution.  I have
modified the XML file slightly so that it will not validate correctly (I
just changed one of the "id"'s to "i").  If the XML file validates
correctly then the program behaves as expected and reports the number of
nodes in the file.  Whats strange is that if I use the same XML file and
 Schema file with the DOMCount exe that is distributed with the Xerces
distribution (i.e. one built with VC++ - I think! ) everything works fine
and I get the output I would expect.  i.e. It tells me that what the errors
with the XML file are and on what line, without crashing!

Having looked into the problem briefly it would apear that the XML parser
is creating a "Fatal" error instead of the standard error required to
produce the expected output.  Howver I am unable to follow the code
suffiently to discover why this may be!

Is this a bug associated with the Borland compiler??  Has this issue been
raised previously??  And does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to
the problem!!

I am using Xerces 2001-12-04, which as I understand it is the latest
release and what is expected to be version 1.6

It is important that my application is able to validate the XML file
against the Schema and I am basing my code on the examples provided thus I
am receiving the same errors!!

Hoping somebody can help!!

Many thanks

Neil