Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/18 09:21:26 UTC

Merging code into branch 1.3

Hey Committers,

Now that Spark 1.3 rc1 is cut, please restrict branch-1.3 merges to
the following:

1. Fixes for issues blocking the 1.3 release (i.e. 1.2.X regressions)
2. Documentation and tests.
3. Fixes for non-blocker issues that are surgical, low-risk, and/or
outside of the core.

If there is a lower priority bug fix (a non-blocker) that requires
nontrivial code changes, do not merge it into 1.3. If something seems
borderline, feel free to reach out to me and we can work through it
together.

This is what we've done for the last few releases to make sure rc's
become progressively more stable, and it is important towards helping
us cut timely releases.

Thanks!

- Patrick