Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "andre.mercadier" <an...@laposte.net> on 2007/11/07 18:26:26 UTC

Differences between XSLT 1.0 and 1.1 with XALAN Java 2.7.0 (Interpretive)

Hi to all !

I'm using stylesheet with the following declaration : <xsl:stylesheet version="1.1" and so on ...

For instance :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.1" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:call-template name="missing"/>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

There is a newby error, and when I run it with any xml files, I get this message :

(Emplacement inconnu de l'erreur)Erreur XSLT (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException)
: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.doExit(Process.java:1153)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:1126)

I'm sad, because there is no information about the error or its location.

But when I change the stylesheet version <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0">, I get this very useful message :

file:/F:/FE_G7R3/Moteur/webApp/commun/xsl/bad.xsl; Ligne #4; Colonne #-1; Erreur XSLT (javax.xml.tra
nsform.TransformerConfigurationException): No template exists named missing
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: No template exists named missing
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.doExit(Process.java:1153)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:1126)

All my project's stylesheets are 1.1.
Can I change to 1.0 without consequences ?

I've read that XSLT 1.1 has been cancelled and replaced by the more powerful 2.0.

Xalan Java 2.7.0 "implements XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 1.0 and XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0 and can be used from the command line, in an applet or a servlet, or as a module in other program."

So, are these different error messages a bug ? And can I change the version to 1.0 without problems ? Or is it more complicated ?

Thanks a lot.

 Créez votre adresse électronique prénom.nom@laposte.net
 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.